Tasmanian Visitor Economy Strategy 2015-2020 – T21
November 24, 2015
The Tasmanian Government launched the Tasmanian Visitor Economy Strategy 2015-2020 earlier this month. The strategy will see the government and industry working together on four priorities: –
- Growing demand for travel to Tasmania;
- Expanding air and sea access;
- Investing in quality tourism infrastructure; and
- Building capability, capacity and community.
To guide the development of the strategy, the Premier has set-up: –
- “Premier’s Visitor Economy Advisory Council”; and
- T21 Steering Committee.
Congratulations to our Tasmanian office which has secured positions on both the Council and the Steering Committee. The Premier of Tasmania will Chair the Council and the Tasmanian Hospitality Association (THA) Chair will represent the accommodation industry on the Council.
The CEO of Tourism Tasmania will Chair the T21 Steering Committee which also includes the General Manager (GM) of the THA, Steve Old, as one of its members. The industry is well represented in driving the outcomes of the strategy.