The Coronavirus crisis is creating extreme uncertainty for our industry. Tourism Accommodation Australia is committed working with Government to provide relevant and up -to-date information to industry to assist in the management of what is a very unpredictable situation.
With the currently landscape of our environment constantly changing, we will ensure to regularly update this portal as information and advice becomes available.
For specific questions relating to your individual circumstances, please contact TAA NSW at email@example.com or on 02 8218 1847.
Current COVID-19 Measures
All arrivals from overseas will be quarantined in hotels to prevent people flouting the 14-day self-isolation rule.
National Cabinet agreed to limit both indoor and outdoor gatherings to two persons only. Exceptions to this limit include:
- People of the same household going out together;
- Funerals – a maximum of 10 people;
- Wedding – a maximum of 5 people;
- Family units; Individual states and territories may choose to mandate and/or enforce these requirements.
For the latest media releases and announcements from the Prime Minister, head to this page.
The following exceptions to closures of hospitality businesses apply:
– Bottle shops – retail bottle shops and the off-licence operations of licensed premises
– Accommodation – the accommodation section of hotels, motels and resorts;
– Restaurants/Cafes/Hotels – takeaway and home delivery only – this applies to Accommodation food & beverage outlets
A copy of the Prime Minister’s statement on this issue can be accessed here.
As the coronavirus situation continues to evolve we encourage you to stay up-to-date with the latest information from the relevant authorities. A heat map with the latest data on the number of cases globally and in Australia is available below.